this is the place

This is a slumber deeper than sleep
Past the gates of life but not quite dead
Where the sleep is just so deep to be relaxed
But not so deep not to cry out in pain

This is a place darker than a grave
Where the fear of the unknown kills
The little hope that glimmers from the known
This place where the sky is just grey enough to instil fear
But not such that I die of it

This is a time that is colder than ice
Clogging my veins and freezing my blood
This is the split second between being saved and being left
In a pool of ice cold blood, on your own
This is that drink that burns your throat
Either forced down or downed
This is that meal that bites your anus
As it comes out as not excrement at all
But the same as you ate it
To prove to you that nothing has changed
And till the last of your coward tears drop
Nothing ever will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buhari, Osinbanjo Take this oath

not my plan

please let me not grow