please let me not grow

Time ticks.
Slowly at first... put me at an eager stop
Barely able to wait to grow
Desperate for age
Wanton for independence.
Thus I have lived
Thus I'm now dying
I was eager to grow
To I carried dolls when I was one
I was desperate to cook
So I mixed sand in a bowl as I waited to be called for dinner
I was desperate to be grown up
To be married
And now I just want to go back

It draws nigh everyday
That place that I was eager to go
And now I step back in horror
As I'm forced to see my destination from here
I wanted to grow
I got my wish
And now i desperately need to stop growing


I used to love life
I used to love love
I used to love babies
I used to want to be responsible

But now I just wanna be a child again
Play in the sand and not feel guilty
I just wish to not know
I just wish to not care
I'm growing up
Slowly but surely,
I'm dying too
I feel life seep out of me as it seeps in
I feel the draw into the world of adults
The world of facades
And as much as I pull back
I also push in to see...
Curiosity has killed this cat
I really want to go back... stay back
But I can't as duty calls
The duties I was so eager to claim
Now haunt my sleep


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buhari, Osinbanjo Take this oath

not my plan