My husband Sumonu came home today

My husband Sumonu came home today
He came bearing the usual gifts
I don't know if I'm to thank Allah
Or to rain curses on my destiny
He looked around at the thatch door
Glared like a dumb lost sheep
Be pointed at little sheri on the tattered mat
"Whose child is that chit" he said
"Whose house do you see her"
I asked
My husband thinks hard for a while
"I think this house is mine" he said
Gulping down sputtum and saliva without shame
I bow my head in regret and shame
And watched as my husband Sumonu moved without gait
Towards a scared and scarred me
as we made our second unknown chitlun
I wept bitter juice out of my blood shot eyes
In a few thrusts it would be over" I mussed
Even though I knew it would be another nine months of quiet pain
And rains of curses on my husband. Sumonu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buhari, Osinbanjo Take this oath

not my plan

please let me not grow