For Anthonia Okoro

It draws nigh my eyes again
The first tears. The very first
As I watch the falcon move, gingerly
As I watched it's courage, despite the tree branch caught in one wing
She held it together
She held it tight
From her, I got courage after my first failure
She hopped when she could
She hoped all The time
A bird like her would on many times
Move me to pity, but not this one
She inspired in me respect
And a dedication to achieve all that I can
When one day, I summoned courage and asked her name
After many times of failed need to know
I gave the highway a big kiss
It wasn't Good-bye Anthonia
It was a Hello that will stay
It was a silent acknowledgement of your rareness
And as today marks another day
A remembrance of the day falcon chirped
I salute your creator
And for the first time...
I associate publicly
With the greatness that is in you
The greatness that is you.




Happy birthday. Anthonia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buhari, Osinbanjo Take this oath

not my plan

please let me not grow