lets move on

Muge ge ge
Muga ga ga
The songs of old play
The stories of old replay
We walk and waltz
We talk and stall.

We cling to the tales of old
Like leeches, we derive our push
We make excuses
Yesterday was bad
So we let it be our muse.
When we give our today,
To the shrivelled hosts of disgrace
We deliver our next year,
In the hands of the Murks

Muge ge ge
Muga ga ga
Yesterday is a bitch
Broke your heart and moved on
So you're going to treat today badly
You or him
You or them
Someone is getting a broken heart
It doesn't matter who it. Is,
Because We're busy stalling tomorrow
And Licking our Wounds from 0last night.

So I said to Muge one day
Muga too heard my voice ring out in the mountains
I said to them
Come my friends, lets
Put yesterday to sleep
She's been a good pet and all
But she's old and worn and ready to go
Even if she's not, she still bores me to death
Muga heard my pleas and stepped into my old van
As it moaned and squealed in discontent
So much for a new life, i mused
I guess we have to take a bit of the past with us
As we roll naively into the streets
The streets of my birth
And my grand children's deaths


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buhari, Osinbanjo Take this oath

not my plan

please let me not grow